Sunday, January 8, 2012

What would be a good asking price for my 2007 883C Sportster?

I want to advertise my sportster locally to try and sell it in order to upgrade to something bigger. I understand the market is bad right now but all help will be appreciated. I will list the upgrades that I have done to it.


1. Chrome ape hangers with chrome controls and stainless cables.


2. Mustang touring seat


3. Detachable sissy bar


4. V%26amp;H staggered shortshot pipes with screaming eagle performance upgrade.


5. Replaced gray engine covers with chrome ones.


6. Kuryakyn Iso pegs and Iso Throttle Boss grips.|||You typically don't get any money back from upgrades, or only a really small percentage. If you have the time, you will probably do better selling them in ebay and selling your Sportster as stock.





One of the best ways to price your bike to sell is to look at the closed auctions on ebay and see what they are being bid up to.





My guess is that you're looking at getting $6,000-6,500 for it if my local prices hold for you.





Good luck.|||Dunno but if you bang around in Craigslist [check several cities] It will give you an idea of what they are going for. Toss out the highest and lowest figures then average it out. Unfortunately the bolt on "upgrades" don't really help the price 'cuz folks like to customize 'em their own way. Might help attract attention to your sale but no one is going to pay extra for another mans tastes.Wish ya good luck with your sale.|||go to kbb.com but for my area they go for 5900|||yes, put it back to stock and sell the parts seperately.|||I cant begin to tell you a price but this i can tell you for sure.


CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. That is what will bring a good price on a Sportster is cleanliness

No comments:

Post a Comment