Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pls help complete this passage. Thank you!?

Complete the following passage by supplying the correct tense of the verb:



I (just buy) this really cool pair of blue sunglasses. I (walk) around Camden Market when I (see) this new designer shop. I (look for) the right style for ages, and there they (be). I (just have to) get them. I (go) to this new club next Wednesday - nobody ever (go) to clubs at the weekend - and these shades (be) perfect, you know what I mean? Everyone (wear) them these days. They're so cooooool!



***Read and answer:



Experts emphasize that senility is not an inevitable result of the ageing process, like greying hair. It is a specific disease with a variety of causes, resulting in failing memory, a decline in the ability to work with numbers, errors in judgement, and irritability often leading to paranoia.

By their 70s, many normal people show some decline in memory, reasoning, learning and problem-solving, but others do not. Older people with a good deal of education who are used to using their minds appear to have less difficulty. Moreover, about 15-20 percent of patients who become senile suffer from conditions that can be corrected.

1. Experts point out that senility

a. can generally be cured.

b. does not affect everybody.

c. has no specific symptoms.

d. can generally be prevented.

2. Which one of the following statements based on the last sentence in the reading is true?

a. Most people do not become senile.

b. Most senile people can be cured.

c. Most senile people cannot be cured.

d. Most people become senile.



***Choose A,B,C or D:



1. What they don鈥檛 seem to understand is how dangerous鈥︹€?

a. it all is

b. it is all

c. all it is

d. is it all

2. The world鈥檚 bulk fleet鈥︹€︹€?7,798 vessels, 2,231 of which are between 16 and 20 years old.

a. composes

b. consists

c. makes up of

d. comprises

3. 鈥︹€︹€?he was leaving, he told us that he had to go to the bank.

a. Since

b. After

c. As

d. UntilPls help complete this passage. Thank you!?
I (have just bought) this really cool pair of blue sunglasses. I (was walking) around Camden Market when I (saw) this new designer shop. I (had been looking for) the right style for ages, and there they (were). I (just had to) get them. I (was going) to this new club next Wednesday - nobody ever (goes) to clubs at the weekend - and these shades (were) perfect, you know what I mean? Everyone (wears) them these days. They're so cooooool!



1- b

2- c



1- a

2- d

3- c
You're welcome.

Report Abuse

Pls help complete this passage. Thank you!?
just bought, walked, saw, looked, are, just have to, am going, goes, are,wears...B, C..A, B, (consists of), D
I bought this really cool pair of blue sunglasses. I walked around Camden Market when I saw this new designer shop. I looked for the right style for ages, and there they were. I had to get them. I went to this new club next Wednesday - nobody ever goes to clubs on the weekend - and these shades are perfect, you know what I mean? Everyone wears them these days. They're so cooooool!



1. Experts point out that senility

b. does not affect everybody.



2. Which one of the following statements based on the last sentence in the reading is true?

c. Most senile people cannot be cured.



1. What they don鈥檛 seem to understand is how dangerous鈥︹€?

a. it all is



2. The world鈥檚 bulk fleet鈥︹€︹€?7,798 vessels, 2,231 of which are between 16 and 20 years old.

b. consists



3. 鈥︹€︹€?he was leaving, he told us that he had to go to the bank.

c. AsPls help complete this passage. Thank you!?
Just bought, Walked, Saw, Looked for, Were, Just had to, Went, Goes, Were, Wears.



1. B

2.B



***Choose A,B,C or D:

1. A

2. Consists

3.Since
I (just bought) this really cool pair of blue sunglasses. I (walked) around Camden Market when I (saw) this new designer shop. I (looked for) the right style for ages, and there they (were). I (just have to) get them. I (go) to this new club next Wednesday - nobody ever (goes) to clubs at the weekend - and these shades (are) perfect, you know what I mean? Everyone (wears) them these days. They're so cooooool!



What they don鈥檛 seem to understand is how dangerous鈥t is鈥?br>


The world鈥檚 bulk fleet consists of鈥︹€︹€?7,798 vessels, 2,231 of which are between 16 and 20 years old.



As .he was leaving, he told us that he had to go to the bank.



1. Experts point out that senility has no specific symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment