Sunday, January 8, 2012

What should I wear for job interviews?

I'm 17 and looking for a part time after school job and I'd like to make sure I'm prepared in case I get an interview. If it helps any I'm trying anywhere I can find in my town, which is pretty empty. Grocery stores, convenience store, farm markets, gas station, and a few garages is pretty much all we have out in the open. I'm trying to figure out what I should wear to an interview to any of these places IF I am called in for a interview... Dress pants are probably a good choice, and a shirt to match...but does it matter if the shirt is Long or short sleeve? and I don't own any dress shoes, only a pair of steel toe boots and some grey sneakers and was wondering if it would be a good idea to go with the sneakers since they're darker in color or just go spend money on a used pair of dress shoes or even new ones?|||Dress or casual dress pants, and a woven shirt, that is, not a Tshirt or polo shirt, plus dress or casual dress shoes. For the types of places that you list, I'd avoid wearing a tie of any sort. As you are beginning to take on adult roles and responsibilities, buying a pair of decent shoes would be a smart move. If you're male, try to find used shoes, you're probably still growing, and you might have another growth spurt soon. If you're female, you might or might not still be growing. Just get some very basic black or brown shoes, don't get anything very fashionable.|||I think casual pants like khakis or dress slacks are fine. The shirt can be short or long, whatever you prefer. You probably need to buy a pair of shoes - they don't have to be particularly dressy, good looking casual shoes in black would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment