Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Parakeet has problems scaling the walls? Bumblefoot?

I noticed it when i went to change their food ( have 3 total). green,blue, and yellow.



so yellow %26amp; green jumps on the walls they get easily spooked idky . The green bird usually gets off first as soon as I move away to change their food.



I admit i get a little impatient at my yellow bird because he just stays on the walls so i poke his feet lightly and he immediately tries to get off the wall but he spends a good while hm how do i put this.



dancing , aint nothing but a hound dog on the wall at first it amused me i would laugh and even sing it to him but then I noticed his feet were bigger than my other birds and they were flaky and red his talons are whitetish.



i compared their feet and noticed the other birds has smaller grayer feet with darker claws.



so i got on and started looking up what i knew but i wasnt sure what to put down or say basically this is new to me.



had them already for 7 months ( not sure how old they are bought them at a flea market, coudlnt help it, they were so happy and noisy) and was kind of hoping he would eventually open up to me but now im hoping more that he just goes back to normal.



is this bumblefoot i looked it up and get different answers, yellow feet, red feet, scaly feet, swollen feet, black feet.







help apreciated ploxMy Parakeet has problems scaling the walls? Bumblefoot?
You say his feet are flaky and red.
If you just said flaky ( and not red ) I would say either vitamin deficiency or scaly feet.
They shouldnt be red.
Bumblefoot involves enlargement and infection and cracking and redness.
Scalyfeet wont show as redness.
Are you using perch covers, sandpaper or cement perches at all ? If so remove them. They arent needed for budgies at all and can cause bumblefoot.

A photo of your birds feet would help in this case so we can see what you are seeing.

Photos also would help in sexing your birds.My Parakeet has problems scaling the walls? Bumblefoot?
Whew! What a long diatriabe.



This is not bumble foot. You should have small tree branches for them to perch on.



It could be scaly leg mites. Google that and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment