Thursday, January 19, 2012

How should I ace the interview?

Your Question



I have an interview friday, stage two should be next wednsday. I'm still in college. Advise?



I've worked in food-service for the past 6 years. I was never able to be a supervisor due to the time requirements, but I did train many, many, new employees. Still working on my undergraduate degree. At 23, I feel that I should have a new type of job, in a new type of place. Fortunately, an opportunity has arisen thanks to the recommendation of a friend. I now have a phone interview scheduled for an inbound call center here in town. It should pay roughly $12 per hour, 40 hours per week. Its a cubical environment and I am very excited. However, I've never actually had an interview before, or at least, not like this one.

Tomorrow is the phone interview, which is no doubt a prescribing to eliminate people who are not articulate. I am not one of those people. Furthermore, I doubt I'll be having any issues with the 'meat', job experience, sales-how to do them, guest relations. I excel at all of these elements in my current position, and I shall explain as to why. In so far as what I may not have been so good at, well, I won't be making guacamole at chase bank.

What I'm more nervous about is the actual interview itself. The type of dress is business casual, but I have two suits.



A pinstripe grey suit, three piece. My fave!

A pinstripe navy-blue suit from debate, many years ago.



Which should I wear to the interview?



I've already Shave.

Should I get a hair-cut?



My friend has told me that I'm their first choice, which is comforting. I really DO want to do well though.



In addition to my previous job, I have a marketing internship with my prior employer. As well my uncle is kind enough to allow me to assist in his trials, which I have spun as a legal internship. As well, I've done quite well in many trivia contests, also I have traveled the world, one of my many skills is relationship-building, my facebook is clean, and professional looking, and am an accomplished public-speaker. I've already gotten the interview, now how do I get this job.How should I ace the interview?
.

walk in and own the interview

your gonna nail it bro

Ild hire you just from this question

yes on the haircut

good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment