Thursday, January 12, 2012

IS MY POEM GOOD??? PLEASE HELP!?

POMPEII



I had to write a poem about a historical event so this is mine.... if you don't know what pompeii was it was a city devoured after a volcanic eruption. so here it goes, oh and I only wrote it in like fifteen min. so it's not like the best poem in the world. and seriously, i have rights to this poem it's mine don't try to steal it



"Earlier my life was peachy and sweet

Pure, delighful, easy and free

I merrily skipped to the market today,

Gathering deep purple plums, juicy pineapples, chestnuts and hay



But the sky soon became filled with rumbling clouds

Creating a rolling shroud

Lighting crashed with an utmost shrillness

The violent scene created much stillness



Suddenly thick, rushing lava was pulsing with an evil soul

peircing bright against a black sky of coal

raining from the heavens after a violent spew

troubling silence, and then the next explosion sparing few



graceful gray ashes, float about the atmosphere

smuggling the gorgeous chirping of seagulls, no one could hear

smuggling the pastels of the sunset, that would have been seen

I pear out toward the cool oceanwaters, and see a silverfish gleam



The scales on it reflecting a delightful shimmer on dark drifting waves

Far away I spot secluded sea caves

A peace I feel though my little world could stop spinning tonight

With a terrible eruption and screams of fright



My heart wrenches as I sense this is my end

I hope some help the ocean could lend

I could travel past the trees

And struggle to the cool and sheltering seas...



I close my eyes

Death happens fast, too fast, to my surprise

Agony fades to a dull peace of mind

I fill my heart swell once more with the love I leave behind"



i'm in eighth grade just to let you know* and i can write much better but is this adequate? i am not sure of other people's opinionsIS MY POEM GOOD??? PLEASE HELP!?
I love your poem! It's amazing.IS MY POEM GOOD??? PLEASE HELP!?
Its okay. Though not the best on rhyme or rhythm. I would work on it a bit but great start.IS MY POEM GOOD??? PLEASE HELP!?
Its really good! Especially if your in 8th grade!
I love it you should keep writing . And Iam sure you'll get an A+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment