Thursday, January 12, 2012

How to I ace the interview?

Your Question



I have an interview friday, stage two should be next wednsday. I'm still in college. Advise?



I've worked in food-service for the past 6 years. I was never able to be a supervisor due to the time requirements, but I did train many, many, new employees. Still working on my undergraduate degree. At 23, I feel that I should have a new type of job, in a new type of place. Fortunately, an opportunity has arisen thanks to the recommendation of a friend. I now have a phone interview scheduled for an inbound call center here in town. It should pay roughly $12 per hour, 40 hours per week. Its a cubical environment and I am very excited. However, I've never actually had an interview before, or at least, not like this one.

Tomorrow is the phone interview, which is no doubt a prescribing to eliminate people who are not articulate. I am not one of those people. Furthermore, I doubt I'll be having any issues with the 'meat', job experience, sales-how to do them, guest relations. I excel at all of these elements in my current position, and I shall explain as to why. In so far as what I may not have been so good at, well, I won't be making guacamole at chase bank.

What I'm more nervous about is the actual interview itself. The type of dress is business casual, but I have two suits.



A pinstripe grey suit, three piece. My fave!

A pinstripe navy-blue suit from debate, many years ago.



Which should I wear to the interview?



I've already Shave.

Should I get a hair-cut?



My friend has told me that I'm their first choice, which is comforting. I really DO want to do well though.



In addition to my previous job, I have a marketing internship with my prior employer. As well my uncle is kind enough to allow me to assist in his trials, which I have spun as a legal internship. As well, I've done quite well in many trivia contests, also I have traveled the world, one of my many skills is relationship-building, my facebook is clean, and professional looking, and am an accomplished public-speaker. I've already gotten the interview, now how do I get this job.How to I ace the interview?
Just be confident with your answers. Have an eye contact with the interviewer. Considering that you possess the necessary customer relationship skills, you will surely get the job. If you cut your hair, be sure to have a neat cut and of course, whichever suit you choose would be great. It is important that you feel comfortable with what you wear.How to I ace the interview?
From the normal of "acing" an interview, you should:

1. Do some research about the company. This should give you some insight about the history of the company, their market and their network.



2. Once you have done some research about the company, prepare your items for the interview. Ensure you have clean and neat copies of your resume and letters of references.

Go with the navy blue suit and make sure it is pressed by a dry cleaner, wear a white dress shirt, and wear a good pair of black dress shoes that are lace-ups.

If your hair is a bit messy, then go for a hair cut.



3. Arrive at your interview at least 20 minutes ahead of time, this gives you time to fill out any paper work necessary and you may want to use the rest room to check your appearance.



4. Do turn off your cell phone before you enter the building, do not wear any cologne and aftershave with a heavy scent. If your breath is bad, take a breath mint.



5. Most importantly, listen to the interviewer, then respond with your answers or questions. If he asks you do you have any questions after the interview, have three questions you may want to ask except salary.



"How and when employees are evaluated?"



"Who would I be reporting to or who I will be working with if I am hired?"



"How can this position be improved?"



Good luckHow to I ace the interview?
I agree with Mr. Opportunity.

Also remember to be aware of your non verbal communication and nervous ticks.Things like crossing your arms or bouncing your leg.

Practice possible questions before hand so you don't have to think on the spot.

Have a firm hand shake and remember to smile so that you appear relaxed and confident.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment