Thursday, January 12, 2012

I need some help, although I think I may have an idea?

From this picture, which I know isn't the best, and hopefully you can see the link;



http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=22鈥?/a>



Can you tell what breed(s) of horse this may be?



He stands around 16hh and he is mostly light gray and has black feathered legs. Toward his rear, he has white spots.



We think he may have some Appaloosa in him because of the spots as they spread down his back all the way to his withers. He has a little star under his forelock. He is fairly large, but he isn't a huge, huge horse with a heavy structure. His mane and tail are jet black.



I know that isn't a lot of helpful information, and yes, the pictures is terrible! I will try for a better one.



Also, the yellowish on his cheek isn't actually his colouring (obviously!) it is a little pee as nobody has cleaned him yet. He's not mine, he belongs to a riding school I work at and today I groomed him so he's cleaner, but didn't have time for anymore snap shots.



For safety, I will return to private on facebook, so none of my contacts on Y!A also need worry about privacy, it is simply for this question.



He also looks very similar to this toy... http://www.learningthings.com/learningth鈥?/a>

The Schleich Horses: Andalusian

So I figured he may fit in



A real one:

http://horsedaily.com/market/horsemarket鈥?/a>



(I know the spots differ)I need some help, although I think I may have an idea?
I agree that he seems to have Percheron in him. Both his face, and color look are typical of the breed, even though its fuzzy. The horse you showed him to look like also looks like a Percheron. Some horses have flea bitten spots under dapples(not actual flea bites), that may be it. Percherons tend to have some feathering.



Here are some Percherons for you to compare.



http://images.google.com/images?q=dapple鈥?/a>
Hmm not the best picture but a Connemara? Or somethig with connemara? Just a guess lolI need some help, although I think I may have an idea?
You may want to ask the riding school who owns him, they will know for certain. The picture is not good for guessing and just judging by the fuzzy image of his dapple gray head, he could be a QH, an Andalusian, or part Percheron. But there is no way to tell without asking or seeing his full body. Good luck with your quest.
I bet he's a dapple grey. I've seen some that look really spotted. I'm going to say a Percheron X for his size, the grey, and the slight feathering. A lot of half drafts are not heavy, and half drafts are commonly bred, because they make good sport horses.

TBxDraft is common, though I've also seen loads of MorganxDraft and others.I need some help, although I think I may have an idea?
i really think you should ask a vet or trainer... but if you really want my opinion, i think he is a dapple gray
Go further in that site. Click on Stepney Banks Stables. There is a chat room set up. It is her horse.
  • mini countryman
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment