Sunday, January 1, 2012

Installed the Froyo 2.2 update for Motorola Droid and now my browser is missing and apps do not work?

I have the Motorola Droid (original) and was prompted on the phone to install an update. I updated, and my blue and white globe icon with "browser" under it disappeared off my home screen. There is now an empty space where the icon use to be. However, there is now a gray globe icon at the bottom of the screen, but it does not work. When I click on it, I keep getting a message that there is no app. I tried looking for the browser in the android market thinking that would solve the problem, but when I go to open the Android Market app, it opens, then says "force close". My others apps that require internet access open but gives me a "force close" message as well. Is anyone else having this problem? I want the browser that was on my phone before the update, but I have no idea where to find it since my Android Market does not work and my laptop no longer recognizes my Droid when I use the USB cable. I have had my phone for about 3 weeks and have not had any problems with it until the update.|||Call tech support,I have an HTC Evo and froyo made it even more amazing if you don't want to give it a chance than u can hard reset the phone it might go back to the original version.|||make sure you know your Gmail login information and then take out your memory card, and then go to Settings-%26gt;Privacy and do a factory reset|||The gray globe is right. I would suggest trying a factory reset and see if that works( it will erase everything off your just like you took it out the box with 2.2 on it)|||I want the answer too

No comments:

Post a Comment