Sunday, January 8, 2012

What do you think of these hunter/Jumpers?

For about 2 years now I have been in the market for a hunter or jumper that would take me somewhere but not break my bank if you know what I mean. I have been riding for 9+ years, 5 of which I have been on the hunter/jumper circuit up here in Canada. The jumper i possess now is a 15.2 hh 16 yr old QH gelding. His jumping ability maxes out at the 3'6" level and I am searching for a horse that will take me on to bigger and better things. So here is some info:


Years of riding:


3 years basic hack, showing in flat and dressage


1 years straight dressage


5 years hunter/jumpers as well as dressage





Height/weight


I am 5'6" and 182 lbs so looking for a bit of a bigger horse though I am hoping to lose weight. anywhere 16 hh and up.





Colour


I am not that big on flashy colours, I do not like greys personally, I must say my favorite colour on a horse is a nice chestnut but that is just me.





I am very serious about buying a horse but wanted to get the equestrian communities here on Yahoo opinion's.





http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/HorseDetail.asp?HorseID=20642%26amp;UserID=7279





http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/HorseDetail.asp?HorseID=10566%26amp;UserID=1814





http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/HorseDetail.asp?HorseID=19991%26amp;UserID=3043 (located in my town seen him jump very nice boy, bit strong though)





http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/HorseDetail.asp?HorseID=22000%26amp;UserID=6579





Let me know what you think also if anyone is willing to search up any horses located in BC Canada and post them on here I would love to see|||Amazonia:





She seems a bit heavy, even for a Swedish warmblood, it seems like she's already past her prime.





Wozzeck:





He seems okay but a bit too laid back for what you described. He also has a large head on a rather thin neck.





Tomcat:





Out of the 4, he seems like the one with the most potential, even though hes a bit older than the others, don't worry about the size, I'm 5'3 and I ride a 17.2h.





Guaranteed Equity:





She really seems like more of an all-rounder than a jumper|||Amazonia and the palomino are beautiful. I reccomend them. Wozzeck and Tomcat are not favored by me. Tomcat looks too strong for your description and Wozzeck is not very "attractive" in my eyes.also not very good comfirmation.|||If you`re looking for a `bigger things`horse, I`d go for the palomino or the first one. I don`t really like the 17.3 jumper.|||I have to agree with Ali they seem great|||It depends on how much you want to work on them. The fourth one is younger and only doing 2'9 or so so you'd have to build her up. The third one that you said looks strong is only jumping 3'6 as well at 13 (I think) so he may not be a good choice either. My favorite is the first one. She's jumped the highest and has everything you need. The second seems very honest but I'm leaning towards the first because this one says "solid flying lead changes" and you want a jumper to do auto changes or better-than-solid flying. But that's my opinion. Good luck!|||1st- I like this one, but I wouldn't go for her if you really want to move up. It says she has done 4ft, but is currently jumping 3'6. It kind of makes is sound like she has passed her prime. I'd definetly ask about her, though, she seems really nice.





2nd- He seems nice, if you are looking for a prospect. I wouldn't go for him if you want to jump into higher level competitions right away, though.





3rd- Definetly not my type.. I prefer smaller horses. If you're okay with his size/strength then I'd check him out. His age is my only other concern.





4th- I like this one a lot as a prospect... but again if you are hoping to advance in competitions quickly, I'd get something a little older and more experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment