Sunday, January 8, 2012

MALE MODEL DESPERATELY needs advice, please?

Hi, I submitted photos to an agent (best most reputable in my area) and they called me back about 9 days later to set up an interview. My interview is tomorrow and I've been doing a lot of research on the industry but there is so much gray area and some of the things sites say contradict each other, please help. I'm only interested in answers from ppl who have in some way/shape/form worked in the industry...





- What should I expect at the interview? Will they ask me to pose? take of my shirt? (I'm male) Will they take pictures of me?





- I'm new to modeling and don't have a portfolio (besides the one I'm putting together myself w/ the help of a friend who has top of the line high def digital camera and walgreens photo kiosk) so will they ask me to find a photographer? Or will they take my starter-photos for me and pay for them out of my first gig? (Some sites say a modeling agent should pay for your photos if you're new...other sites say you should expect to pay for your own photos (sites that say this usually say that the agent shouldn't make you pay them for the photos...the agent should just give you a list of different photographers they work with...but if they hand me a list of photogs to pay...i feel like the agency is probably getting a cut of the money...how does this work?! I read so many different things it's so frustrating...





- I will be moving to San Francisco in 7 months...do most agencies allow you to do what's called Mother Agency Contracts? Basically the agent helps the up-start model build somewhat of a resume and prepares them for a larger market...in my case San Fran...once I find an agent in SF I would still owe my "Mother Agent" a % of my profits...or do most agents not do mother agency clauses?





Thanks, please help!|||I'm not a model. Few of the answerers will be I imagine. I do know that they will want to make money from you whether you make money yourself or not.


I also think you just want to tell yahoo answers that you're(potentially) a model.


It's just an interview, they probably want to talk and get some of your money. Relax.|||They just want to meet you, check your appearance and see if you're cool and relaxed enough for the work, with a good attitude.


They should take their own pictures and definitely not charge you.|||At a model interview, you may have to remove your shirt, maybe do some poses, but nothing uncomfortable.





Well if you are unsure, the best thing for you now is to be prepared! Don't make it an issue, if you don't want them to get a cut then leave. if you have no problem then don't. Just try to make them see you as the valuable asset that you know you are!





And about the mother agency claus, i'm nt 100% on that, though i think they usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment