Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hunting/trapping squirrels for a little extra cash?

So we literally have an over abundance of gray squirrels in our area. It got me thinking; How much profit is there in selling squirrel pelts/tails/meat. I have a custom Ruger 10/22 as well as many live traps. I have experience hunting an skinning. I also have a lot of experience drying meat and making jerky (which taste pretty darn good if I say so myself).





How much on average could I get for the pelts of squirrel? Is there a large enough market for them to be worth my while? I'm also curious if there would be any interest if I started selling packs of premium squirrel jerky/meat.|||The average price of a box of 50 rounds of standard 22 LR ammunition is $2.00, plus tax. That would be roughly 4 cents per shot. Assuming that you never miss and only fire one shot to harvest the animal.





There is no money paid for squirrel pelts. I've never seen them used in any commercial process.





As another poster points-out, some fishing lure manufacturers will pay you 2 cents for a good squirrel tail. But remember, you also have to pay for shipping the tails to the company.





Finally, shooting game and selling parts of it would be considered "commercial hunting". In almost every state of the union, commercial hunting is outlawed.|||In some states, squirrels and game animals and it is illegal to sell parts of game animals. I can see a rough and tumble person wearing a coon skin cap, but I don't really see a market for a squirrel skin hat. Newell might stand in line to purchase one.|||Hey, I spent a pretty long time trying to make money online but to no avail untill I found this fasinating website that offers an irresistible business opportunity. Its call SFI Marketing Group and its free to join, risk free. I think you should take a look at it. I can proudly say I don't worry any more about my financial future.





I hope this helps.|||Make sure it is legal for you to be selling the meat. There are a lot of States where old laws on the books that prohibit that. They were originally passed to prevent a few people from killing 2-300 deer/elk/bison a year.|||i know mepps buys squirrel tails for 2 cents a piece there is a start








i don't think any body buys pelts





i bet you could sell meat at a local farmers market in packages





maybe consider putting up signs for squirrel/pest control??|||Sell the meat in package at your local farmer market, take the pelt and the tail and make a hat out of it like the coon ones.|||Seek help, sicko.|||No money in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment