Sunday, January 8, 2012

How do I ace this interview?

I have an interview friday, stage two should be next wednsday. I'm still in college. Advise?





I've worked in food-service for the past 6 years. I was never able to be a supervisor due to the time requirements, but I did train many, many, new employees. Still working on my undergraduate degree. At 23, I feel that I should have a new type of job, in a new type of place. Fortunately, an opportunity has arisen thanks to the recommendation of a friend. I now have a phone interview scheduled for an inbound call center here in town. It should pay roughly $12 per hour, 40 hours per week. Its a cubical environment and I am very excited. However, I've never actually had an interview before, or at least, not like this one.


Tomorrow is the phone interview, which is no doubt a prescribing to eliminate people who are not articulate. I am not one of those people. Furthermore, I doubt I'll be having any issues with the 'meat', job experience, sales-how to do them, guest relations. I excel at all of these elements in my current position, and I shall explain as to why. In so far as what I may not have been so good at, well, I won't be making guacamole at chase bank.


What I'm more nervous about is the actual interview itself. The type of dress is business casual, but I have two suits.





A pinstripe grey suit, three piece. My fave!


A pinstripe navy-blue suit from debate, many years ago.





Which should I wear to the interview?





I've already shaven.


Should I get a hair-cut?





My friend has told me that I'm their first choice, which is comforting. I really DO want to do well though.





In addition to my previous job, I have a marketing internship with my prior employer. As well my uncle is kind enough to allow me to assist in his trials, which I have spun as a legal internship. As well, I've done quite well in many trivia contests, also I have traveled the world, one of my many skills is relationship-building, my facebook is clean, and professional looking, and am an accomplished public-speaker. I've already gotten the interview, now how do I get this job.|||Wear the grey suit,. go in confident, have excellent knowleged of the company. Have a mock interview (think of questions they may ask you and and think about answers. For example they may ask- Why do you want this job? What is your strongest skill? What is your weakess skill,? Why should we hire you?)





You seem pretty confident already, go in smile and beleive in yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment